Monday, October 17, 2011

5 Halloween Movies I've Never Seen

The funny thing about being a film teacher is that people are flabergastered when you haven't seen a particular movie.  Doesn't matter whether it's obscure, a genre I don't like, or has an actor I detest - there's always indignation when I haven't seen something.

This always amuses me.  While some people consider themselves well read, I would call myself "well watched."  But I admit there are noticable and large gaps in my film viewing experience. 

With Halloween around the corner, I've been thinking of horror films that I really should watch.  The problem is, I don't care of horror films - I simply get too involved. 

I'm the girl who jumps, screams, covers her eyes, and punches you when she get scared. 

This actually makes me an ideal person to watch a horror movie with because I can be tormented through the whole thing, which is another reason I avoid them.  

Here are the top 5 horror movies that I've never seen:

Halloween



The Exorcist



Friday the 13th / Nightmare on Elm ST (aren't they the same plot anyways?)




Rosemary's Baby / The Omen (I'd also ask the same question of these two)





Any George A. Romano film




Before you reach through your computer screen to shout your protests at me, all is not lost.  It's not like I've never seen a good horror film. 

I've viewed Carrie, Saw 1, The Shining, The Sixth Sense (albeit the first time last week), The Haunting (both the 1963 and 1999 versions), The House on Haunted Hill, Alien and Aliens, Frankenstein (1931), all the major movies by Hitchcock, Fire in the Sky, Resident Evil 1-4, Deliverance, Silence of the Lambs, and Poltergeist.

So tell me - am I missing out by not seeing any of these?  Are there some that I missed? 

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way about Horror Films!!! I. won't. watch. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a wuss! We watched 1408, which adapted from a Stephen King story, and I screamed at one part and it's not even that scary!

    ReplyDelete